FYI, by Nicola Guarino:
The Autonomous Province of Trento, with the financial support of the European Commission in the framework of the Marie Curie action COFUND, is funding 2-3 years post-doc grants in various research areas, including information technologies, to be spent in research institutions located in Trentino, Italy.
Within this framework, the ISTC-CNR Laboratory for Applied Ontology (www.loa-cnr.it), a local section of the CNR Institute for Cognitive Science and Technologies (www.istc.cnr.it), will be happy to host researchers presenting ambitious, high-quality projects related (but not limited to) the interdisciplinary research topics described at http://www.loa-cnr.it/Research.html, including:
– ontological foundations of knowledge representation, knowledge engineering, and conceptual modelling
– ontology and formal semantics of natural language
– relationships between ontology, language, and cognition
– ontology driven information integration
– ontology of organizations, law, and social reality
– ontology of business services and e-government
– ontology of industrial artifacts and engineering design
Deadline for applications: July 13th, 2010.