FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS for The Third Conference of the Scandinavian Association for Language and Cognition
The Third Conference of the Scandinavian Association for Language and Cognition (SALC III) will take place at the University of Copenhagen, June 14-16th (3 days) 2011.
• Lawrence Barsalou, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
• Per Durst-Andersen, Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen, Denmark
• Rachel Giora, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
• Marianne Gullberg, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
• Hannes Rakoczy, University of Göttingen, Germany
The conference includes, but is not limited to the following themes:
• Cognitive impairment and language use
• Language acquisition and cognition
• Language and cognitive development and evolution
• Language and consciousness
• Language and gesture
• Language change and cognition
• Language structure and cognition
• Language use and cognition
• Linguistic relativity
• Linguistic typology and cognition
• Psycholinguistic approaches to language and cognition
• Specific language impairment
We now invite the submission of abstracts for paper or poster presentations. The deadline is December 1st 2010. Papers will be allocated 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion. Posters will stay up for a day and be allocated to dedicated, timetabled sessions. The language of the conference is English.
Abstracts of no more than 300 words (excluding references) should be sent by email as a Word attachment to SALC3@hum.ku.dk by December 1st 2010 (subject: SALC III abstract). The document should contain presentation title, the abstract and preference for paper or poster presentation. Please DO NOT include information identifying the author(s) in the email attachment. Author(s) information including name, affiliation and email address(es) should be detailed in the body of the email.
Notification of acceptance decisions will be communicated by February 1st 2011.